Panel 2: Community Healing & Accountability
Eighty Percent Increase of Sexual Violence Cases in the City of Albany
The violence that is least talked about: Sexual Violence and Child Sexual Abuse
During a critical time across this Country of Black Lives Matter, Police Reform, and a global pandemic, In Our Own Voices, Inc, and A Block at A Time, Inc. is joining forces to Call the City of Albany to take action to an end to sexual violence. April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month, a perfect time to conduct citywide dialogue called the Teal Table Talk Series. This series will bring local and national survivor leaders and advocates, community-based leaders, law enforcement, county and city legislators, and the Albany DA Office to engage in conversations defining and addressing the impact of sexual violence in the City of Albany, and cumulate with a Call to Action rooted in community and centering survivors healing needs.
The goal of the series is to:
● Analyze and learn from the data.
● Identify the urgent, unmet needs of those impacted by sexual violence and the families and communities.
● Define Sexual Violence, Rape, Child Sexual Abuse (CSA), and Forcible Touching.
● Highlight the range and depth of work currently underway to address Sexual violence
● Develop long-term strategies for ending Sexual violence and CSA
Teal Talk Series: Defining and Addressing Sexual Violence with a Cultural Approach
Panel 3: A Call to Action
Date: Wednesday, May 12, 2021 RESCHEDULED DATE
Time: 7:30-9pm EST See Less
Please let is know your thoughts of the panel
The New York State Coalition Against Sexual Assault is New York’s strongest voice working to end sexual violence and all forms of oppression. https://www.nyscasa.org/